Sunday 25 March 2018

Mexican Walls, the Good Kind

Valladolid, Mérida, Progreso and Izamal, Yucatan, Mexico, February 2018

Ah, the colourful walls of Mexico! Before my trip I tried to find out in which towns they are to be found, but it turns out: everywhere! Oh the bliss! The colours are so saturated and alluring that I'd like to hug the walls and lick the paint like one licks the plate in a really fancy restaurant.

A little background: I'm into colours. I'm really, really into colours. 

Exhibit A: my travel wardrobe. Mind you, I had to choose a limited amount of hues for matching outfits (a word you won't be hearing often in this blog). This will probably help you understand why I'm so happy about the colours of Mexico. Finally, a place where I can blend into walls!


I know the walls are kind of popular photo motif. So, I'll concentrate on the details in my photo reportage. Hello, I'm a tourist, desperately trying to be Different. Also hello, I'm a fine art curator, seeing abstract art everywhere.









































Other people exploring colourful Mexican walls: Northern Lauren, Design Idea for Decor, Suitcase Stories 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...